SHIRDI SAIBABA - Our Protector

SHIRDI SAIBABA -  Our Protector

SHIRDI SAIBABA -  Our Protector 

Shri Sai Baba is always full of Mercy- What is wanted on our part is whole hearted devotion to Him. When a devotee has got firm Faith and Devotion, His wishes are soon fulfilled. Whenever a devotee had complete and whole hearted devotion to Sai

Baba, all his calamities and dangers were warded off, land his welfare attended to by Baba (See "SAI SAT CHARITA CHAPTER XXV, Page 133 - 9th Edition 1980).

I would like to narrate here the recent Sai-Leela experienced by me. The 19 year old boy Canesh came to our house at Vijayanagar from M.T.S. Railway Colony (about 5 Kms. from our house) on the evening of Thursday 7th April, 1985 and told me as follows:

His elder Brother Sri S. Ramani (who is working in Railway Workshops, Hubli as a Fitter) had left Hubli on the night of 5-4-85 for "TIRUVARUR" (a famous Town in South India) along with his friends to attend the marriage of his friend and co-worker Sri. Vijayakumar there fixed on 7th April 1985. After attending the marriage, he left Tiruvarur by Train all alone on the same afternoon at 1 p.m. (7.4.85) for Hubli Via. Madras and Bangalore. He reached Mayavaram Junction at about 3-30 p.m. where he had to change and catch the train for Madras at 5 p.m. While boarding the train at "Mayavaram" he slipped and fell down on the platform, his head dashing against a stone. He was seriously injured on the head and blood was flowing from his mouth and head. The station staff at Mayavaram identified him from the Railway pass, he was having in the "Money purse" found inside in his shirt pocket. After giving First Aid treatment to him, they rushed him to Tanjore General Hospital by a Special Van. After admitting him there in the Hospital at about 8-30 p.m., they trans­mitted the news of the accident to the parents of the Boy at Hubli through the Railway, 'Microwave', which was received by them at about 10-30 p.m. on the same night (7-85). As the father of the boy was seriously ill and bed ridden, his mother with her co-brother's son (Sri. Natarajan) left Hubli by "Night Bangalore Bus" at 11 p.m. After reaching Bangalore early morning at about 6 a.m. on 8-4-85, they engaged a Special Taxi and reached Tanjore at about 9 p.m. the same day. They saw the boy at 10 p.m. in the Hospital. The boy was in a "Coma" (unconscious from the time he met with the accident) and the doctors did not give any hope of his survival.

On 10th April ‘85, his cousin brother Natarajan gave an 'Express Telegram' asking the boy's Father Sri. Srinivasan to immediately proceed to Tanjore to see his son's face for the last time. The telegram was received by the boy's father at about 11 p.m. the same day. Sri. Srinivasan a staunch devotee of Sai Baba, rushed to the Pooja Room and prayed before Baba (his eyes welled with tears), "Baba, kindly save my son, I am unable to move from the house as I am severely attacked with Asthama". Then he prostrated before Baba's photo. He did not have a wink of sleep throughout the night and he was uttering Baba's name the whole night.

Early Thursday Morning (11-4-‘85) Baba prompted him to send his son Ganesh to our house in the evening (after attending his college studies) and attend "Baba's Arathi" in our house and pray to Baba to save his son's life.

I did evening Arathi to Baba at 6 p.m. and prayed to Baba to save his son. Then I took Ganesh to Sri K.R. Gopinath's house for weekly Bhajan, it being thursday. At the end of Bhajan, all the devotees observe 2 mts. silence, praying for the welfare of the whole universe. Before the close of the "Bhajan", I appealed to all Sai Brother and Sisters (assembled) to pray to Baba to save Sri. Srinivasan's eldest son, Ramani's life, who was lying unconscious at Tanjore Hospital.

When I opened my eyes after observing two minutes' silence, Baba with a smiling face, made gestures to me saying: "Why fear, when I am here? Cast all your burdens on me, I shall surely bear them." I told the boy Ganesh to go home without any anxiety and also sent word to his father, "not to worry as Baba had responded to our prayers" and his son would be saved by Him. I also gave him Baba's Udi to be sent to his Brother at Tanjore Hospital.

Wonder of wonders!! Sri. Srinivasan received a message through Railway Microwave on 12-4-1985 that his Son Ramani regained consciousness at 8-45 p.m. (exactly at the time when Baba made gestures to me in Sri. Gopinath's house (Prayer Hall) and he need not go over to Tanjore as his son would be discharged after a week or so. This pleasant news was conveyed to us by Ganesh on the morning of 13-4-‘85.

Dear Sai Bandhus, see, how kind is our Mother Sai towards Her children. If one surrenders to our Samartha Sadguru Sai with Tan, Man, Dhan (Body, Mind and Wealth) one need not fear anything in this world, Our Sai is the Boat which will safely carry us across the ocean of this "Samsara" (Mundane Existence) to Eternal Bliss.

R. Radhakrishnan,

Hubli - 580 032. (Karnataka)

Source Sri Saileela June 1986

Leave a comment